Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Story

(Back row: Herbert Henry, William Albert, Walter John, Frederick George. Front row: Alice and Henry)
I was born on the 13th of October, 1898, at the close of a momentous century. My parents were Henry Ernest Neal and Alice Yard. Like Nephi of old, I can say they were goodly parents. Our family consisted of the following: Annie Lillian (1893), Herbert Henry (1896), John Walter (1897), Hester Alice (myself, 1898), William Albert (1899), Walter John (1901), Frederick George (1903), and Arthur (1894). John Walter and Arthur died in infancy.
River Avon today

The city of Bristol, in which I was born, is situated on the banks of the River Avon and the River Frome, its tributary. It had a population then of about 600,000 people. It is a very old city and was often called the City of Churches.  Some of the cathedrals and churches dated back to the Ninth Century. The original walls and parts of the old Bristol Castle were much older than that.
River Frome today
 

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool. I love seeing the pictures of the places I've read about in her history.

    ReplyDelete